Apple devices like iPhone and iPads are known for their exclusivity. Apple devices are a perfect example of quality, sleek, style and design. It’s very rare that any kind of error account on your iPhone or iPad and if it even occurs there provide customer service to tackle the problem and make devices even better than before.
But, what are you going to to do when the device is out of warranty? Once the device is out of warranty or your period of free service is over, then the services of iPhone can be very expensive. The service expanse can pull a lot from your pocket. In that case, people often put their phones on recovery mode for sometime and then turn it on. Putting iPhones and iPad on recovery mode are called the ultimate problem of every solution and that is fast better than paying loads of money for service. But that tweak doesn’t work necessarily.
If you’re stuck in that kind of situation, then you need to jailbreak the system, and for that, you can put your iPhone on DFU mode. That will help at the time when nothing goes your way when it comes to your iPhone or iPad. DFU mode helps you jailbreaking your device.
So, let’s check a tutorial below from which you can put you iPhone or iPad in DFU mode. Here are the steps.
Method – 1 To Put iPad/iPhone in DFU Mode
1. First of all, you have to plug-in your iPhone or iPad in you Mac or Windows PC. And after that make sure that iTunes is running.
2. Turn off put iPhone or iPad by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
3. Now, you have to have to hold the home button and without releasing the sleep button fro 10 seconds.
4. Now, take your finger from the power button and keep pressing the home button. You have to do that till you get a pop up from iTunes saying the device is recognized as being in recovery mode.
5. That’s it. You’re done. Now, you’re in DFU mode.
Whenever you want to exit the DFU mode press the sleep and power button simultaneously and for the time of 10 seconds. Once the Apple logo will appear on your screen, you’re out of DFU mode.
Method -2 To Put iPhone in DFU Mode
This method is particularly for iPhone 7. From using this method you can you can out your iPhone in DFU mode. The method is almost same. Here are the steps.
1. First of all, you have to plug-in your iPhone 7 in you Mac or Windows PC. And after that make sure that iTunes is running.
2. Turn off your iPhone 7 by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
3. Keep holding the power button, and simultaneously you have to press the volume down button at the left side of your iPhone.
4. Don’t loose both of the buttons till 10 seconds.
5. Now, you have to leave the power button and keep pressing the volume down button for 5 seconds. If the screen is still black which means your iPhone 7 has entered the DFU mode.
Thus, was the two methods to put iPhone and iPad in DFU mode successfully. You have to follow almost the same steps in the both the methods. In all the Apple devices you have to follow the same steps to put them in DFU mode. The whole process and timings will be completely same. If the instructions are followed properly you won’t face any problem in applying all the methods
What’s The Purpose Of DFU Mode?
DFU mode is different from Recovery mode in may ways. By putting your device in DFU mode you can jailbreak or jailbreak the device. Even Rebooting your device, and upgrading and downgrading the device. The DFU mode puts your device on a stage where it can still reachable to iTunes on you Windows or Mac, but the catch is it hasn’t activated the Bootloader yet. This will help you solve most of any problem related to your iPhone.
And more importantly, you can’t deny the fact that it helps you saving your valuable money which can be spend on other things.
The difference between Recovery mode and DFU mode –
People always gets confused between DFU mode and recovery mode. The solo difference between DFU and recovery mode is that Recover mode utilizes during upgrading your iPhone, while DFU mode is completely different, it downgrades and upgrades the current firmware by completely bypassing the iBoot.
Another major difference is that while in recovery mode iTunes is disabled, but that’s not the case in DFU mode, in DFU mode iTunes is not disabled, but it’s active. Although, bot the methods are very useful at times. Both of them almost do the same jobs but at different conditions and with different process.
Final Words –
At the end of the article, I have to say that from the methods mentioned above, you can easily put the DFU mode on your iPhone and iPad, which will eventually help you to make your system healthier and work properly then previous times. I’ve also separately mentioned about exciting the DFU mode read that carefully to exit the DFU mode.
Understand the difference properly between Recovery and DFU mode to use for the better performance of you iPhone or iPad.
So I guess it’s clear to you now that how to put iPhone and iPad in DFU mode. If these methods worked for you, don’t forget to share it with your friends.